Monday, May 28, 2007

Another joke

A priest sits down on a park bench and suddenly notices a rather dishevelled man staggering along the path towards him. The man is drinking a bottle of Scotch he has a half empty bottle of Gin in his coat pocket, a fag hanging out of his mouth, about three days stubble on his face. He has love bites all over his neck and lipstick stains on his collar.
The man sits down next to the priest and starts to read a newspaper whilst he absolutely honks of alcohol. After a few minutes, the man turns to the priest and enquires, "Father, what causes arthritis?"
The priest angrilly responds, "I'LL TELL YOU WHAT CAUSES ARTHRITIS SHALL I? IT'S CAUSED BY ALCOHOL ABUSE, TOBACCO ABUSE, MIXING WITH UNSAVOURY TYPES OF WOMEN AND GENERAL UNCLEANLINESS. THAT'S WHAT CAUSES ARTHRITIS MY FRIEND!"
The man replies "Oh." and continues to read his paper. After a couple of minutes have elapsed the priest feels guilty about his outburst and realises that being he is Gods representative he should have shown he man some guidance and compassion. The priest turns to the man and holds on to his shoulder gently and says, "I am so sorry my son, I should never have snapped at you the way I did. I should never have been so harsh on you. You just asked me about arthritis, are you a sufferer?"
" Oh no no no, replies the man, I just read in the newspaper that the Pope has it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yus!

Anonymous said...

hahahhhahhhhahahahahaha!